- Reporting into the Site Manager, the Warehouse Manager will be responsible for a complex & fast-paced Warehouse & Logistics operation in the central Bradford area.
- Specific responsibilities will be across Warehouse functions such as Good In, Pick/Pack, Despatch, Stock/Inventory & Health & Safety.
- Responsibility for circa 20-30 people (Warehouse Shift Managers, Warehouse Operatives. Transport Operatives & Drivers).
- Utilisation of KPI's & Processes in order to manage performance.
- Managing the relationship for a specific client in a pro-active & collaborative "Value-Add" way.
- Regular and consistent communication with the client.
- Able to understand client needs and respond to them pro-actively and positively.
- Management of P&L of approx £1m costs, SLA's etc.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and people retention within a Logistics setting.
- Utilising data to inform decisions and also provide regular reports to Senior Management.
- This is a broad & autonomous role where you will essentially be running an entire Logistics operation within the framework of a larger Logistics operation.
- Warehouse Manager or Warehouse Shift Manager ideally within fast paced distribution (Day 1 for Day 1 OR Day 1 for Day 2).
- 3PL experience is beneficial.
- Overall management responsibility for at least 20 heads or more.
- Strong Commercial acumen.
- Able to account manage clients in a pro-active & constructive way.
- Front-foot & hands-on leadership style - this role is very much a hands-on & full-on Warehouse Management role.
- Able to engage & motivate your people.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
- Someone who wants to play an integral part in building/growing a strong operation.
- Someone with the ambition develop their career with a progressive business.
- Medium level IT proficiency - i.e. be proficient on MS Excel in order to compile reports where appropriate.
- Able to commute to central Bradford on a daily basis - free parking will be provided.
- Able and willing to progress your career within a business that genuinely develops and progresses their people.
With over 17 years of expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.