Lift Engineering Industry
Department: Major Works/Service
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Salary Range: £45,000 - £55,000 - DOE
Commutable From: anywhere in London, Kent or Essex
Role Location: Home, Office, Site - Flexible to satisfy the role & suit applicant
REClifts is now looking for a highly skilled Commercial Quantity Surveyor to join a large lift engineering organisation with National presence.
- To control all financial and commercial aspects of allocated contracts and projects, ensuring costs are kept to a minimum, value recovery is maximised, and the company is not exposed to undue financial risk.
- To ensure contracts are delivered within budget, on time, in accordance with specifications and in line with Company procedures and objectives.
- Minimum 2 year's experience in a lift engineering Quantity Surveying role in a mechanical or engineering environment - Desirable
- Previous experience working within the lift industry - Desirable
- Computer literacy skills - Intermediate Excel, Word
- Knowledge of Standard Forms of Contracts
- Knowledge of Design and Build contracts and processes
- To liaise with procurement manager to ensure that subcontractors appointed to the works have been assessed in accordance with the company's procedures
- Produce and maintain an ongoing draft final account, and submit the same with each valuation to ensure the client is kept fully informed of their obligations
- Produce and maintain clear Cost to Complete assessments of all contracts defending against margin erosion
- Identify and properly value all variations to the contract, and seek to pre-cost and agree same with the client or their representative wherever possible
- Comprehensively assess subcontractors accounts and produce sub-contracts payment certificates in line with company terms and conditions
- Actively develop the Major Works understanding of all commercial aspects relating to their business
- Maintain accurate contract records, including digitisation & local storage
- Undertake all valuations and applications for payment
- Expedite certification of applications
- Manage cash collection efforts (certification and retention's)
- Vigorously defend all the imposition of contra charges and LADs
- Work with estimating on commercial pricing
- Manage supply chain contracts and terms and conditions
- Liaise and work closely with Project and Site Managers on all aspects of the project
- Assist on legal and financial aspects to reduce the company's exposure to risk
- To audit contract documents and highlight any discrepancies
- Produce ongoing cash flow forecasts based on project programmes and progress
- Ensure adequate quotations are available for comparison giving due regard to value and programme
- Ensure all orders are issued in line with company procedures and include all relevant documents, dates, terms and conditions
Apply to this position:
- Let us know a convenient time to give you a call and we can have a confidential conversation call between 8:00 am - 6pm - (Monday - Friday)
- Ping us your CV by email and we will get back to you ASAP.
- Click "apply now" so we can read your CV
REClifts are passionate about understanding what is truly important about your next move before entering an application or interview process. This commitment to you will ensure we represent your best interests at all times and together we can secure your next move in the Lift Construction Industry!
Our goal is to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However, feel free to contact us sooner on the number provided.