Indigo Search have been engaged by a leading Logistics business to recruit for a Warehouse General Manager position on a 9 month Fixed Term basis for a complex & significant Distribution Centre based in the Haydock area.
Reporting into the Operations Director, this role would suit a Warehouse General Manager, Distribution Centre Manager, Logistics Manager or Head of Logistics with experience of managing large Distribution Centre operations.
There is a significant likelihood of this role going permanent in the long-term.
- Management of a high-profile fully-automated DC for a leading 3PL business on behalf of a high-profile client.
- Pro-active account management of a high-profile blue-chip client relationship.
- Responsibility for up to 250 full time employees + agency staff.
- Engaging & mentoring your direct reports & ensuring this is cascaded to their people.
- Managing the Trade Union relationship for the site.
- Significant Change Management - including people & processes.
- Management of a budget of approx. £15 million P&L.
- Operational Projects.
- Improving site overall performance.
- Warehouse General Manager, Distribution Centre Manager or Logistics Manager.
- 3PL Experience - ESSENTIAL
- Unionised experience - DESIRABLE
- Warehouse Automation experience - HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- Open Book and Closed Book 3PL experience - DESIRABLE
- Strong & demonstrable pedigree of significant Change Management.
- Strong customer/client-centric approach.
- Overall management responsibility for at least 180 heads or more.
- Front-foot & hands-on leadership style.
- Robust personality - able to challenge the status quo and drive Change.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
- Keen to leave a lasting impact and legacy on the wider business.
- Motivated by a challenging & demanding role.
With over 18 years expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.