- Reporting into the General Manager, the Transport Manager will be responsible for a high-profile & fast-paced transport operation in the Huddersfield area.
- Management of multi-client portfolio across various sectors.
- P&L responsibility for multiple client contracts.
- Responsibility for circa 60 drivers, 50+ LGV & HGV vehicles + an office team of 12 (including Transport Co-Ordinators).
- Training of Drivers to deliver a "White-Glove" value-added service to clients as part of their daily tasks.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and driver retention.
- You will be front-foot in helping to lead the operation - a big part of this role will be in spotting opportunities to grow revenue for the business.
- Able to understand client needs and respond to them pro-actively and positively.
- Management of P&L of approx £5m costs, SLA's etc.
- Compliance and Legislation adherence.
- Account management of clients - including regular meetings & communication in order to ensure a strong working relationship.
- Transport Manager or Transport Supervisor ideally within fast paced distribution (Day 1 for Day 2 OR Day 1 for Day 2).
- 3PL experience - ESSENTIAL
- CPC National certification - ESSENTIAL
- B2B or Home Delivery experience is beneficial.
- Demonstrable Transport P&L management experience - ideally across multi-contracts.
- Overall management responsibility for at least 40 heads or more.
- Able to deliver a high quality "white glove service" on behalf of prestigious clients who hold service in high-regard.
- Front-foot & hands-on leadership style - this role is very much a hands-on & full-on transport management role.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
- Keen to leave a lasting impact and legacy on the wider business.
- Someone who wants to play an integral part in building/growing a strong operation.
- Someone who wants to develop their career with a progressive business.
With over 18 years of expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.