Reporting into the Logistics Manager, this is an exciting White Collar Logistics role with a business that wants to develop, coach & mentor you into a Logistics Manager of the future.
- Supervisor of a Transport department - including a team of drivers, planners & operatives.
- Standing in for the Transport Manager when they are away from the business.
- Negotiation with suppliers, carriers and customers.
- Transport Planning.
- Engagement of your team.
- Thinking commercially at all times.
- Other operational requirements as they arise - this is an SME business so you will have a wider scope than within a blue-chip business.
- This role will be working office hours - Monday to Friday but may require some flexibility dependent upon operational challenges.
- Exposure to other parts of the business at the right times in order to develop your career.
- Training, Coaching and even vocational courses (i.e CPC Management course) will be provided
- Transport Supervisory experience.
- Able to commute to & from Cleckheaton on a daily basis.
- Strong "Can Do" attitude as this is a highly demanding industry where no day will ever be the same.
- A strong-minded person who can deal with a fast-paced & ever-changing operation.
- Supervisory experience is advantageous but not essential.
With over 18 years expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.