- Reporting into the Site Manager, this role is responsible for a fast-growing and highly dynamic Transport operation.
- This position will require a strong degree of focus on operational and legal compliance for the transport fleet (LGV & HGV Vehicles).
- Legislation Adherence.
- Fleet Management.
- Health & Safety.
- Responsible for a small team of transport planners.
- Process improvement and coaching of the Transport Team.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and driver retention.
- You will be front-foot in helping to lead the operation - a big part of this role will be in spotting opportunities to grow revenue for the business.
- Able to understand client needs and respond to them pro-actively and positively.
- Management of P&L of approx £1m costs, SLA's etc
- Transport Manager ideally within fast paced distribution (Day 1 for Day 2 or faster).
- CPC National holder - THIS IS ESSENTIAL
- Highly detail oriented - with a strong focus on transport legislation & compliance.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of improving a transport operation.
- Front-foot & hands-on leadership style - this role is very much a hands-on & full-on management role and a key part of the business.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
- Keen to leave a lasting impact and legacy on the wider business.
- This role would suit someone from an SME background who is keen to make their mark and progress their career.
- Someone who wants to play an integral part in building/growing a strong operation.
- Able to ask intelligent questions and think beyond the obvious.
- Driven by a challenge, making a difference and building a legacy.
With over 18 years of expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.