Lift Installation Assistant
Platform Lift Industry
£28,000 - £32,000
Commutable: Birmingham, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire
Benefits: Clear progression path to NVQ 2 Qualified Lead Installation Engineer & Work for a prestigious market leader in the lift industry.
REClifts has now been appointed the preferred supplier of multiple Lift Installation Assistant opportunities in The Midlands. Due to the increasing demand of this market leader's services there is an urgent requirement to employ 3 new Lift Installers Mates' with immediate effect.
For the appropriate candidates a development plan to qualify as a Lead Installation Engineer will be discussed. This role would suit someone with previous experience of being an assistant passenger goods engineer and wish to develop further within the Platform lift engineering sector. This would include working toward relevant NVQ qualifications.
- Provides a wide range of services to the UK and Ireland lift sector, operating from multiple offices situated Nationwide. The lift engineering company has several divisions which work seamlessly to deliver customer service excellence all year round. These different departments include modernisation's, installations, repairs and servicing of lift engineering products.
- Our client offers bespoke installation and service packages and streamlined company processes make them arguably one of the most prestigious lift engineering organisations in the world.
- Key examples of lift engineering products installed are goods lifts, passenger lifts, platform lifts and dumb waiters. Currently our client uses a mix of employed installation engineers and sub-contractors this gives ultimate flexibility anywhere in the country.
- The role will be based out of a local Midlands office. This is a hands-on role and appropriate accreditation's for working on construction sites are required. You must have a valid in date CSCS card to be considered for this role.
- The majority of working time will be spent at installation sites so the ability to commute within the Midlands area is essential. You must have a full UK Driving Licence
- On occasion you may be required to travel to other locations in the UK (all expenses covered by the employer) to suit the needs of the business and to help manage the growing portfolio
- Overtime may be required on an ad hoc basis and will be agreed in advance wherever possible. This will also be paid at overtime rate. The installation team has access to a company van and specialist lift engineering tools.
- Support the Lift Installation Engineer to provide full on-site lift installation as directed by the Project Manager / Lead Engineer
- Support the Lift Installation Engineer with testing of installed lifts/products subject to Machinery Directive(2006/42/EC), EN81:3 & EN81:31 regulations.
- Assisting Company Technical Manager, testing Lifts Directive and EN81:20 products
- Assisting with troubleshooting on installed lift products
Qualifications & Experience - Company support given to maintain valid accreditation
- CSCS Card for on-site Lift Installation - Desirable
- Clean UK Driving Licence - Essential
- Full eligibility to work in the UK - Essential
- Previous experience installing packaged lifts, both Lifts Directive and Machinery Directive.
- Asbestos Awareness accreditation - company support given to maintain valid accreditation
Apply to this position:
- For a confidential conversation then call us between 8am - 6pm on 07811210079
- Ping us your CV by email and we will get back to you ASAP
- Click "apply now" so we can read your CV
REClifts are passionate about understanding what is truly important about your next move before entering an application or interview process. This commitment to you will ensure we represent your best interests at all times and together we can secure your next move in the booming lift industry.
Our goal is to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However, feel free to contact us sooner.