Lift Engineering Manager
Lift Service Division
Salary: circa £35,000-£45,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits:Very attractive private pension scheme, 38 days holiday, flexible working hours, company vehicle and all expenses paid.
Responsible To: Mechanical Service Manager
Responsible For: Lifts & Workshop Team Leaders
Commutable from: Leeds, Harrogate, Hull, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Bradford, Sheffield, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Wakefield, York, Keighley, Halifax.
The Role Purpose: To support the Team Manager in managing Lift and Stair lift Engineers to deliver a safe, efficient, cost-effective, and customer focussed and responsive Lift Service Repairs Division.
REClifts is now looking for a Lifts Engineering Manager. They welcome applications from talented Lift Team Leaders, Lifts & Workshop Team Manager, Lift Technician, Lift Service Manager, Lift Repair Manager, Lift Installation Manager, or Lead Engineers with experience in service, repair, and callout on all manufacturers of passenger lifts to lead a team of Team Leaders, Lift Engineers and Stairlift Engineers in the Leeds Area.
Qualifications & knowledge in order to be Lifts Engineering Manager
- City and Guilds 1 & 2 or NVQ 3 equivalent in lift engineering (desirable).
- H&S Qualification (desirable)
- SMSTS (required)
- A full driving license is essential for this role.
- A sound knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, and relevant specialist legislation e.g. LOLER, PUWER and social housing / government policy including current issues affecting the sector.
- A good commercial knowledge of procurement and contract management procedures, Building Regulations and their practical application within the relevant service area.
- Excellent communication skills
The ideal Lifts Engineering Manager
- Ability to provide effective management
- Sound commercial understanding with the ability to assess profitability and identify areas for improvement/efficiency.
- Ability to contribute to a performance framework and culture that provides high efficiency and high quality outputs that link to Lift Company priorities
- Ability to resolve potential conflict and to gain cooperation and trust
- Ability to use IT applications (Word & Excel) and management information systems
- Can develop solutions to complex issues and problems to ensure effective delivery of the service.
- Able to work flexibly across different work locations and areas as appropriate.
Lifts Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist the Mechanical Service Manager.with budget management.
- Monitor and control costs to achieve financial and performance KPIs
- Provide clear direction, visible leadership and motivational management to create a high performance culture which drives continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement rigorous and effective business processes to drive forward service improvements.
- Ensure cost control processes are in place and that works are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee the programming of works and management of resources across the service.
- To ensure that all colleagues and subcontractors are working to achieve the business and service plan.
- To be responsible for investigating and resolving complaints in line with escalations and in accordance with the Lift Companies Complaints Policy.
- To have a general understanding of SLAs and construction contract forms such as JCT, NEC contracts.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and produce schedules/estimates as required.
Apply to this position:
- For a confidential conversation call us Monday - Friday between 8:00 am- 6 pm
- Ping your CV by email and we will get back to you ASAP.
- Refer a friend and receive £100 love to shop vouchers upon successful placement
REClifts are passionate about understanding what is truly important about your next move before entering an application or interview process. This commitment to you will ensure we represent your best interests at all times and together we can secure your next move in the lift industry.