Reporting into Board-Level, this role would suit a Health & Safety Manager or SHEQ Manager with experience of Health & Safety - ideally within a Logistics setting.
- Deliver improvements to the company policies and processes relating to Health & Safety.
- This role will be responsible for Health & Safety, Facilities & Quality.
- Working with the Management team and staff to ensure H&S standards are communicated, understood, implemented and achieved on site.
- Driving and supporting a proactive approach to Health & Safety.
- Coordinate all SHEQ accreditations and ensure that the business complies with each requirement.
- Conduct internal audits in of the H&S areas and ensure that all corrective actions are implemented.
- Prepare the business for all external audits - client and accreditation.
- Contributing to the continuous development of processes, identifying risks and ensuring sufficient control measures are in place to enable a safe working environment.
- Managing the completion of required reports including accident, hazard, risk assessment and near-miss reports. Proactively making recommendations for improvement.
- Negotiate and control facilities related costs across the sites including utilities and security.
- Undertake incident/accident investigations if required to the relevant high standard.
- Produce and manage Toolbox talks for relevant areas of the business.
- NEBOSH qualified - ESSENTIAL
- Minimum 3 years experience in a H&S role - preferably in a logistics environment.
- Background in Auditing of ISO9001 and 45001 standards - DESIRABLE
- Facilities management experience - DESIRABLE
- Good organisational & administrative skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft applications.
- Personable with good communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business.
- Sound knowledge of H&S legislation.
- Flexible and adaptive approach with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- A positive and 'can-do' attitude with logical problem-solving skills together with someone who takes pride in their work and is thorough and has an attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own and communicate at all levels.
- Able to commute to Mountsorrel/Leicestershire areas on a daily basis.
If this role is of interest, please apply (ideally with a Word format CV).
With 19+ years expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.