- Reporting into the Director, the General Manager - Transport will be responsible for high-profile & fast-paced transport operations across the East Midlands & North East of England (with a predominant focus on East Midlands for the medium term).
- This role will likely expand to cover additional sites over time.
- Compliance and Legislation adherence.
- Significant Change Management.
- Management of multi-client portfolio across various sectors.
- P&L responsibility for multiple client contracts.
- Responsibility for circa 100 drivers, 100+ LGV & HGV vehicles, Transport Team & Planning Team across the three sites.
- Training of Drivers to deliver a "White-Glove" value-added service to clients as part of their daily tasks.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and driver retention.
- You will be front-foot in helping to lead the operation - a big part of this role will be in spotting opportunities to grow revenue for the business.
- Management of P&L of approx £10m costs, SLA's etc.
- Proposing & leading "Best in Class" Logistics Transport initiatives for the business.
- Driver/Talent attraction & retention.
- Account management of clients - including regular meetings & communication in order to ensure a strong working relationship.
- General Manager, Head of Logistics or Logistics Manager ideally within fast paced distribution (Day 1 for Day 1 OR Day 1 for Day 2).
- 3PL / Haulage or Palletwork experience - ESSENTIAL
- CPC National Certification - ESSENTIAL
- Multi-Client experience - ESSENTIAL
- Multi-Site experience - ESSENTIAL
- Very strong on Compliance and Legislation adherence.
- Overall management responsibility for at least 100 heads or more.
- Demonstrable experience of success in your Logistics & Transport career to date.
- Front-foot leadership style - this role is will be quite hands on.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
- Keen to leave a lasting impact and legacy on the wider business.
- Someone who wants to play an integral part in building/growing a strong operation.
- Someone who wants to develop their career with a progressive business.
- Able to commute across the East of England (Leicestershire up to Newcastle upon Tyne).
With over 18 years of expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.