Financial / Tax Accountant (Mat Cover). RECfinancial are delighted to be recruiting for this large PLC based in Hinckley. Ideally being on short notice or immediately available, you will be ideally ACA/ACCA/CTA or ICAEW part/qualified.
The main purpose of your role will be;
Review of VAT/CIS returns and provide advice to the wider SSC/ Group finance and Commercial teams. The role will work closely with the Group tax team, be involved with Domestic Reverse Charging decisions and assisting with the change in ERP from Oracle to Fusion
Main Accountabilities will involve;
- Day to day supervision of the Tax inbox, responding to Business unit queries.
- Ownership of the monthly & quarterly VAT return processes, receiving/challenging as required.
- Continue to review/improve tax reporting processes (utilising automation where advantageous)
- Assist balance sheet reconciliations (PAYE/NIC)
- Work closely with Group Tax, liaising with Business unit Finance Directors
- Work closely with Shared service centre Financial Accounting Managers in preparation for going live with Oracle Fusion
Ability to work in an environment of change and to communicate/collaborate at all levels.
- Ability to quickly understand processes and commitment to continuous process improvement.
- A team player able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues
- Well organised with good time management skills, able to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent tax knowledge, preferably from a construction background. Good understanding of Domestic Reverse Charging
- Knowledge of Oracle/Fusion an advantage
- Competent Microsoft Office user (Word; PowerPoint; Outlook)
- Advanced Excel user
- Customer focussed and an appreciation of the concept of Shared Service Centres
This is an exciting opportunity and an important role within the business. The next year will be challenging, taking on responsibility for reviewing the VAT returns prepared by the finance team, building good relationships with our tax and group finance teams and preparing for a move to a new ERP system. This role will be ideal for a finance professional with excellent understanding of HMRC requirements.
In return, my client offers an excellent working environment, an exceptionally competitive salary with bonus, extensive holidays, healthcare, pension and parking.
So, what have you got to lose? Contact neil@RECfinancial on 07976 416967 or email for further information.