Engineering Manager - C&I Solar PV - Saudi Arabia
To 30,000 SAR (£6000 / $7,800) per month + Housing Allowance + Medical + Visa
RECenergy have been engaged exclusively to select the best Solar Engineering Candidates in their field to support the growth plans of this already successful business. In return you will receive competitive pay and industry leading benefits.
Candidates will be considered from within Saudi and throughout the Middle East, Asia and Europe.
My Client is solar PV developer and EPC based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. They design, build and maintain solar projects for commercial and industrial clients.
Specialising in distributed commercial-scale solar PV, they develop turn-key peak-shaving and hybrid solutions to help clients reduce their energy costs and mitigate fuel price risk.
Their services include engineering design, procurement, construction management, operation and maintenance, and development of PV systems. We also assist clients with feasibility studies, energy cost analysis and project finance.
Salary and Benefits
- Up to 30,000 SAR per month (£6,000 / $7,800 per month) DoE
- Housing Allowance with 1,875 SAR per month (£380 / $500 per month)
- Business Shares Scheme following 12 months of Employment
- Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm working hours per week (flexibility)
- Visa Costs paid for overseas employees
- Health Insurance
- Air Ticket allowance for overseas employees
- Company Phone
- Company Loans for Car Purchase (salary sacrifice scheme)
- 30 days Annual Leave
- Leading and taking responsibility for all technical aspects of solar PV project implementation, including both grid-connected and off-grid hybrid systems.
- Developing conceptual designs that are cost-efficient and well-suited to Client requirements.
- Evaluating different technology, component and supplier options.
- Supervision the production of high-quality detailed design drawings (electrical, mechanical and civil).
- Performing and checking all required electrical engineering calculations, including:
- sizing of PV systems, ESS, inverters, switchgear, cables and strings
- calculation of losses and voltage drops
- simulation of system performance
- Supervision and oversight of engineering consultants and suppliers
- Providing technical supervision and quality control to installation teams working onsite
- Supervising the commissioning of systems
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Establishing internal systems to improve efficiency and quality of workflows
- Teaching and up-skilling the rest of the team
- Providing technical support to sales and O&M teams.
In addition to the above, the Engineering Manager is expected to coordinate and work effectively with other members of the team, and to assist with furthering the goals of the company in general, even where this may involve work that is not strictly related to their day-to-day responsibilities.
- At least 5 years of solar PV design experience, including diesel hybrid and ESS applications, preferably at the C&I scale.
- Degree level qualification in electrical / power systems engineering.
- Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Confidence, taking on responsibility and leading a small team in a fast moving environment, answering directly to senior management.
- Attention to detail and pride in delivering to high standards.
- Expert knowledge of core software packages such as AutoCAD and PVsyst.
- Good existing knowledge of industry best-practice and international standards.
- Good working knowledge of instrumentation and control systems, including modbus communication, PLC's etc.
- A growth mindset, with a willingness to learn and master new and unfamiliar technical matters quickly.
- Long-term commitment to being a part of a growing business.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Arabic beneficial but not essential
- CV and supporting letter to be sent to the contact details shown.
- Shortlisted candidates who meet with the above listed requirements will be contacted for an initial 15 minute video interview with Andy Petit, Managing Director of RECenergy Recruitment.
- This Video and your CV and covering letter will then be presented to the Board of Directors.
- Depending on your location, a first round interview will either be held via a video link or face to face with one or two of the Directors (if candidates live in Saudi or the United Kingdom).
- A third and final interview will take place in person with all Directors prior to any offer being made.
Note: There will be a skills technical test at either the 2nd or 3rd stage of the interview process.