Reporting into the Operations Manager, this is an exciting & fast-paced White Collar Logistics role with a business that wants to develop, coach & mentor you to progress your career at your pace.
- Transport Planning for a fleet of approx. 20 vehicles - on a Day 1 for Day 2 Delivery basis.
- Supervision of a Transport department - including a team of drivers & operatives.
- Use of Manual Transport Planning systems with a view to improving these systems in the long-term.
- Standing in for the Operations Manager when they are away from the business.
- Negotiation with suppliers, carriers and customers.
- Engagement of your team.
- Thinking commercially at all times.
- Other operational requirements as they arise - this is an SME business so you will have a wider scope than within a blue-chip business.
- This role will be working office hours - Monday to Friday but may require some flexibility dependent upon operational challenges.
- Exposure to other parts of the business at the right times in order to develop your career.
- Transport Planning experience within Logistics.
- 3PL experience is desirable.
- Able to commute to & from Wortley on a daily basis.
- Strong "Can Do" attitude as this is a highly demanding industry where no day will ever be the same.
- A strong-minded person who can deal with a fast-paced & ever-changing operation.
- Supervisory experience is advantageous but not essential.
- IT literate with intermediate or advanced MS Excel knowledge.
With over 18 years expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.