- Reporting into the Head of Logistics, the Transport Operations Manager - Home Delivery will be responsible for a high-profile & fast-paced Home Delivery, Multi-Drop transport operation in the Daventry area.
- Responsibility for circa 50 drivers, a fleet of 40 vehicles.
- This role is a highly complex transport management position - you will be "deep-diving" into operational performance, compliance and driver training standards in order to ensure a premium quality of service to your clients.
- This is an extremely customer-focused role as the business prides itself on its customer service and responsiveness. You will need to be able to understand client needs and respond to them pro-actively, positively and extremely quickly.
- This is a hands-on role - where you will be expected to brief & liaise with drivers on a daily basis.
- Planning of routes.
- Training of Drivers to deliver a "White-Glove" value-added service to clients as part of their daily tasks.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and driver retention.
- You will be front-foot in helping to lead the operation - a big part of this role will be in spotting opportunities to grow revenue for the business.
- Management of P&L of approx £2m costs, SLA's etc.
- Compliance and Legislation adherence.
- Fleet Management.
- Indirect responsibility for Warehouse operations - although this position is more of a transport-oriented position.
- This person will be encouraged to bring ideas to the table and the business have the ability & willingness to invest in these ideas provided a sound business case can be made.
- Transport Operations Manager, Transport Manager or Head of Transport ideally within fast paced distribution (Day 1 for Day 1 OR Day 1 for Day 2).
- Home Delivery transport management experience - HIGHLY BENEFICIAL.
- CPC National qualified - ESSENTIAL.
- Multi-Drop experience - BENEFICIAL.
- A hands-on Transport Manager who is strong on the detail, able to lead and influence your people and have your "finger on the pulse" in a challenging but exciting role.
- White-glove customer focused mentality is essential.
- Overall management responsibility for at least 30 heads or more.
- Able to deliver a high quality "white glove service".
- Front-foot & hands-on leadership style - this role is very much a hands-on & full-on transport management role.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
- Keen to leave a lasting impact on the wider business.
- Someone who wants to play an integral part in building/growing a strong operation.
- Motivated by a challenging role.
- The ability and desire to be in a highly noticeable position within the infrastructure of the business - where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact and leave a legacy.
With over 18 years expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.