- Responsibility for the Purchasing strategy of the business - including Procurement, Purchasing, Sourcing and Inventory.
- The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the management of a small team of people within the Procurement Division of the business.
- Identifying new suppliers, negotiation of agreements and secure improvements in rates, price, discounts, rebates, payment terms and supply SLA's.
- Acting as a Senior Member of the Management team.
- This role will entail dealing with UK-based AND international suppliers.
- Performs reviews of the supplier base periodically.
- Strong People Manager with demonstrable experience of engaging teams.
- Relationship Management and SLA reviews with suppliers - including visits to suppliers both in the UK & abroad when appropriate.
- Accurate forecasting & maintaining of "buffer stock" levels for core lines to ensure continuation of operations.
- Own and drive CI initiatives across the operation.
- Operational Projects & Recommendations.
- Internal & External stakeholder engagement.
- Adopt and foster a 'Change Mentality' and inspire other people to take the same approach.
- Exposure as a Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Head of Procurement or Head of Purchasing ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- CIPS qualified - HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- Degree qualified - DESIRABLE
- Experience of negotiating, implementing and monitoring SLA's with Suppliers both in the UK & in Europe.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people within a Purchasing or Purchasing setting.
- Methodical, data driven, detail-oriented and highly organised.
- Experience of working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced & entrepreneurial business.
- Stock & Inventory control - to maximise availability and stock turnover.
- 'Can-Do' mentality - this business prides itself on people who take a 'front-foot' mentality to problems & challenges.
- Able to involve yourself in other areas of the business where appropriate.
- Able to grasp the wide breadth of the business and get involved with whatever areas need improving.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Able to think beyond the obvious.
- Open to new ideas and with a viewpoint that "anything is possible".
- Able to commute to/from Rutland on a daily basis.
With over 19 years expertise in the Logistics/Supply Chain sector - Indigo Search recruit for management, director & executive roles across the UK.