Payroll Assistant. RECfinancial are delighted to be recruiting for this leading UK based company in Hinckley. They are currently in the market for an experienced Payroller Assistant, reporting into the Payroll Team Leader. The business is focused on delivering first class business solutions and building long term relationships with their customers, employees, supply chain and communities that they work in.
So What Do They Want?
Main Purpose of Job:
- Dealing with employee, statutory authorities or Business Unit queries when required
- Updating authorised payroll standing data
- Production and distribution of reports required to validate all data entry
- Logging weekly timesheets
- Identification of missing timesheets
- Notification to Business Unit of missing timesheets and monthly returns
- Processing of payroll inputs including regular and irregular deductions/payments to include student loans, court orders, sundry bonus payments etc
- Processing and calculations of statutory leave and statutory pay
- Accurate review of other payroll administrators' input
- Review of the SSC cost reports to enable the costs to be checked and the payroll to be authorised, distribution of final cost reports to the Business Units
- Production & distribution of P45s
- Raising of payment documentation for payroll deductions to be paid over to the appropriate authorities
- Provide holiday cover when required and actively assist team members
- Running and distribution of data required for third parties
What are the key accountabilities?
- All queries resolved promptly by email/phone
- Accurate processing of payroll data and keen eye for detail
- Early identification and resolution of problems
- Compliance with all statutory requirements
- Compliance with SSC procedures, deadlines and SLAs
So Who Do We Want?
- Ability to liaise with the Business Managers on a day to day basis
- Ability to meet the required deadlines to ensure that the payroll is always paid on time
- Ability to ensure that payroll data is accurate
- Regard to the confidential nature and the importance of tight access controls over the payroll data
- Able to deal with employees and statutory authorities on a professional and courteous basis
- Ability to follow up queries and resolve them satisfactorily
- Knowledge of SMP, SPP, SSP calculations in accordance to HMRC legislation
- Understanding of tax and NI and other deductions from pay
- Oracle experience desirable but not essential
- Previous payroll experience in both weekly and monthly Payrolls required.
What do we offer?
An excellent base up to £25k
28 days + Stat
Flexible hours/Possibly part time
So, what are you wating for? Call Neil@RECfinancial on 07976416967 or email us for further information